Tuesday, December 30, 2008

All over except for the coughing

We seem to be recovering from our Very Microbial Christmas. K's earache responded to decongestants and painkillers and she's down to the drippy nose. My cold is mostly coughing up gunk and occasional noseblowing. My stomach seems to have finally settled down, although my appetite has yet to come back.

I have set the lofty goal of not throwing up again for the rest of the year. I'm hoping two days isn't too ambitious, is it? One of these days, I need to start actually putting on weight instead of losing it, after all. I don't think that it's quite normal for pants to fit better at 15 weeks than they did pre-pregnancy. Sigh. I admit, I'm a huge wuss when it comes to stomach ailments. Despite having reflux, I'm not used to having a sensitive stomach or throwing up very much. I almost never experience digestive ailments of any kind, which makes the effects of pregnancy on the alimentary canal a bit of a rude shock, especially since this didn't happen last time.

/whine

No comments:

Post a Comment