Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Ack

This week did not start out well. Sunday brought the news that B's cousin delivered a full term, stillborn baby girl on Saturday night. I'm so incredibly sad for them.

B has a bad cold and K is getting it. As the immune-suppressed member of the household being sapped by a parasite, I am almost certainly getting it next. Probably just in time for the weekend, when we have a big open house at work that I can't possibly skip and will have me on my feet for six hours.

This Friday, we find out whether B is on the layoff list. He can choose to be demoted instead of losing his job so we're not looking at unemployment, but going backward in pay is bad enough.

All in all, something pretty damn spectacular is going to have to happen to pull this week out of the crapper, and it's only Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment