Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Busybusy

It's been a busy past few days. I made a bunch of Ebay sales, so I had that work. Then to make life more fun, I had jury duty today. I really lucked out - I got called for a panel, we marched over to the courtroom, waited a while and then were told to go back to the jury room.

At that point, my main hope was that since I had been called once, I could skate through the rest of the day without my name coming up again. Instead, an hour later, the same panel was called, which made me nervous. We were marched down to the lobby, where we were told we weren't going to be coming back to that building, which made me really nervous. Then we were taken outside...

and told we were dismissed for the day. Hooray! I went and hopped on the train and was home by 11:30. It was great! I had all the time in the world to be productive, or we could take advantage of the fact that B had taken the entire day off and the fantastic weather and go to the zoo!

Instead, about 10 minutes after I got home, the vague ickiness I had been feeling on the train and bus that I had chalked up to not enough sleep and being in motion escalated into rushing to the bathroom to puke. Soooo, not so much for the zoo. Instead, I spent the afternoon on the couch and K got to enjoy her wading pool instead. Still taking advantage of the fantastic weather, but not quite as exotic as the zoo.

Whatever caused my mid-day puke-tacular seems to be pretty mild, fortunately. I'm tired and headachy, but I successfully ate a very bland dinner. Hopefully a good night's sleep will take me back to normal. Then I can frantically work to make up for what I've felt too lousy to do tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I think there's something going around... everywhere. I know 4 other people who've had basically that exact same thing happen to them over the past 3 days.

    Hope your feeling better now, and YAY on being able to get out of jury duty really early! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better soon! nclm

    ReplyDelete