Saturday, January 19, 2008

Marketing

Is it perhaps overly cynical of me that my first impression of The Backyardigans was, "Oh, how convenient for marketing. They already look like stuffed animals."

Marketing aside, I do have to say that as children's programs go, this is a remarkably non-annoying one. It's cute, fairly funny and musical. And perhaps the most important part, they sing lots of different songs, so the likelihood that you'll wind up with evil earworm music stuck in your head from the incessant repetition is much lower (although in the spirit of full disclosure, I've been humming the theme song for the past two days. But it's a lot better than the theme to Elmo's World, so I'll take what I can get).

1 comment:

  1. We got a Backyardigans DVD from the library several months ago, and I STILL have two of the songs in my head. But it's because they're kind of pretty!

    I thought the same thing about marketing when I saw Super Why. Their hair is in molded-plastic shapes.

    ReplyDelete