Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sick note

It should be abundantly clear by now that I've given up on NaBloPoMo. It's a shame since I've done so well the past two years, but my body just isn't cooperating.

I'm trying very hard not to be an annoying pregnant woman whining I'm siiiiiiick and I'm tiiiiiired, but I am, and that's about all I have to say these days. Or at least it would be if I could get enough energy in the evening to even contemplate typing. So until further notice, you can chalk up spotty posting to my feeling like five-day-old roadkill in August, okay?

In other news, I know this isn't a very novel or original observation, but the Jekyll and Hyde nature of three-year-olds astonishes me sometimes. How can the child who cuddled in bed with me last night watching Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit, insisting that we both eat carrots (because the bunnies were, of course), be the same child who half an hour later was very clearly and deliberately doing everything she possibly could to make me angry as I tried to get her ready for bed? She had that glint in her eye that said that not only was she doing this deliberately, she knew I knew she was doing it deliberately and she liked it that way. And then her head starting spinning around and she started spewing pea soup. And here I had been thinking just this week that after a rocky start, 3 hasn't been that bad.

I'm really looking forward to the coming week. I have two days off from the online job and don't have to work at the museum until Sunday. B normally works evenings Mondays and Wednesdays, but he has tomorrow off because he's working Saturday (the only fly in the ointment) and the library will be closing at 5 on Wednesday. And my best friend from college and her husband are coming to visit for the weekend starting Thursday night! This should be fun all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment