Sunday, July 28, 2013

The horrifying Mommy blogger

*We went to see Despicable Me 2 Tuesday evening. Fun! And that's just about the extent of my review. It was as funny and utterly predictable as the first movie, didn't scare the kids too badly and was a decent way to spend an hour and a half.

Although there was one bit that was much more funny to B and me than it really deserved. The homicidal chicken kept making us think of this episode of the hysterically funny Monster of the Week, a webcomic retelling of the X-Files (which frankly I find much more worthwhile than watching the series ever was). We just kept whispering to each other "Eaten by chickens: think that happens."

* I have not historically been given to discussing the contents of my childrens' diapers, for which I hope you are duly grateful. So it should say a lot that after 8 years and three children, I changed the most colorful diaper of my parenting career today. It wasn't just the blueberries he had eaten; it was more the multiple crayons he had managed to consume on the sly that gave it that spectacular rainbow edge.

Kudoes, James. I thought I had seen everything the toddler alimentary canal could throw at me, but you proved me wrong with your Amazing Technicolor Dreampoop.

* Heck, as long as I've strayed into stereotypical Mommy blogging overshare topics, here's a conversation Alec and I had this weekend. I was trying to get him to put on underwear by being silly: does it go on your nose? Does it go on your elbow? And so on. Finally, I finished up with, "So where does you underwear go?"
"On my head!"

And so it did. He put his arms through his shorts for good measure too. I hadn't thought about it before, but there's a definite resemblance between the sense of humor of a four-year-old and that of the sort of drunk who finds it hilarious to put a lampshade on their head.

* And finally, James has become the horrifying Uh-Oh Baby:




If he is in fact portending our doom, at least he's doing it cutely.

No comments:

Post a Comment