Friday, July 30, 2010

July can suck it

So. I had a bizarre urge to look up my father's obituary tonight, and then realized the reason was that it's the third anniversary of his death. Four days ago on July 26th, I was talking to my mother and realized it was the eighth anniversary of her accident, which ironically was also the twentieth anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Both of my grandmothers died in July.

If it weren't for the fact that several people I love were born in July, I would happily abolish the month entirely. As it is, I'm happier than I can say that there's only one more day to go.

1 comment:

  1. I used to hate the month of March, specifically March 13th the date of my dad's passing. Strangely enough that date is now my anniversary and I couldn't be any happier. Check out my blog If that was me it might amuse you, thanks.

    ReplyDelete